Your Trusted Tax Solution for Expats in Hong Kong
Navigating through foreign tax regulations can be overwhelming. We understand the nuances and challenges of managing taxes as an expat in Hong Kong. As your trusted tax advisors, we’re here to make your tax life easy, ensuring you understand every step of the process. The team at LEO Wealth offers:
– A comprehensive understanding of both U.S. and Hong Kong tax systems
– Planning and recommendations on avoiding dual taxation
– A tax team located in Central Hong Kong, available for meetings and calls
Our team of experienced tax advisors is adept at handling all aspects of U.S. taxes for expats in Hong Kong—whether you’ve just moved, have been living there for years, or are on a short-term assignment. We provide comprehensive guidance on how your Hong Kong financial accounts affect your U.S. tax filing and help you identify potential tax benefits.
Our tax team has extensive experience in:
- U.S. tax preparation
- Gifts, estate and tax planning
- Delinquent tax returns under the Streamline Program
- Foreign financial account reporting/Form 5471
- Other complex U.S. tax compliance matters
Our team facilitates in-depth conversations and provides clear, understandable advice. That means you can feel confident about your U.S. tax obligations, no matter how deep your financial roots grow in Hong Kong.
We hope you’ll reach out to us for a conversation and further support for your U.S. and cross-border tax planning and tax compliance needs.
Understanding of U.S. & Hong Kong Tax Systems
Navigating U.S. expat taxes in Hong Kong can be complex, but our team of tax advisors is here to help. Trust us to simplify your U.S. tax filing experience in HK, ensuring compliance while optimizing your tax savings.
- We understand the intricacies of reporting to the IRS and how your Hong Kong financials affect U.S. filing.
- We can manage FBAR and FATCA reporting for foreign accounts and assets over certain thresholds.
- We discern the best strategy to reduce your tax bill via the foreign earned income exclusion and foreign tax credit.
- We file directly with tax authorities at the Federal, State and local levels, dealing with the U.S. taxing authorities on your behalf.
Identifying Tax Planning Opportunities
We are proactive in identifying tax planning opportunities within a client’s current financial situation, as well as planning in advance of events that may impact a client’s financials.
- We implement charitable giving strategies that not only achieve your philanthropic goals but also address cross-border tax planning.
- We develop family gifting strategies to manage both income and estate taxes.
- We coordinate tax planning in conjunction with investment portfolio management.
Cross-Border Expertise & Bilingual Team
We provide tax planning u0026amp; assistance to individuals who have tax filing responsibilities within and between countries. This requires a coordinated approach and opportunities are missed when multiple CPAs work independently. Our tax professionals prepare hundreds of U.S. tax returns each year and we work closely with partner firms to meet tax filing obligations outside the U.S.
Our tax planning services include:
- Comprehensive tax planning between home & host countries
- Foreign tax credit maximization strategies
- Tax equalization & hypothetical tax review and guidance
- Pre- and post-departure tax counseling
Subscribe to our Tax Planning Resources
Join our mailing list to receive insightful tax planning tips from our team throughout the next year.