Welcome to Leo Wealth
Leo Wealth is a fast-growing wealth management firm with offices in the US and Asia and we’re expanding our team. We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic professional who can support our continued growth.
We are 100% independent, owned and operated by a diverse group of equity partners who came together over shared values of providing trusted advice, international expertise, and personal commitment to do better for clients. We believe our independence is one of our strongest assets, and our people are what make us special. Every day we commit our energy, expertise, and initiative to the preservation of wealth, the growth of capital and the creation of value. We work together on a foundation of trust, transparency, and accountability.
With offices in Hong Kong, New York, New Jersey, and Dallas, our wealth professionals provide comprehensive expertise and personal guidance to support both private clients and companies. We support global citizens through their journey to achieve wealth creation and protection across borders. Our bespoke offerings include holistic wealth management, global tax planning, cross-border estate planning, alternative investments, and global portfolio strategies. Our offices serve clients of the group globally.
Many of our team members have advanced credentials and professional development is highly encouraged. We often promote from within and pride ourselves in being a great place to work and grow.
Director of Philanthropy/ Philanthropy Associate – US
A hybrid role based out of the NY/NJ offices providing client service and support to primarily HNW/UHNW and family office clients as it relates to financial planning, philanthropic planning, sustainability and charitable giving.
This role seeks an experienced professional with skills in financial planning, estate planning, tax planning, sustainability, and philanthropy. Candidate should be committed to working with senior management to develop the role and seeking a long-term career in the field. The ideal candidate can make a commitment to developing with the role and building client relationships while supporting a diverse and growing business in other areas of financial planning combined with philanthropy.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Member of the client service team of our Multi-Family Office. This role is an integral part of the client team and senior partners who are client-facing.
This role includes broader financial planning work with clients in addition to philanthropy. The work will include supporting the financial planning function of the group.
- As part of the role, engage with advisers and their clients, learning the full range of the Company’s services including investments, financial planning, tax, and investments.
- Develop ways to integrate philanthropic planning into existing client relationships and processes.
- Work with portfolio management to develop and implement sustainable strategy and deliverables. Support the advisers in winning new business for these strategies.
Support philanthropy for the Leo Capital Corp group. This person would be responsible for building out the philanthropy services to clients and organizing the firm’s internal charitable efforts. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- Find ways to integrate philanthropy to existing client relationships.
- Attend seminars and events related to the space. Built internal resources for the Company and relationships with external parties and vendors who may be a fit for our clients’ needs.
- Organize and implement events/seminars for clients and have clients interface with each other. Implement social networking for clients on philanthropy and sustainability.
- Create marketing and community outreach strategies to increase visibility of this new Leo group.
- Implement, track, and follow up on annual, sponsorships, planned giving, and other giving campaigns. Attend meetings with clients to nurture their interest in giving.
- Research and write articles for release on website and LinkedIn. Work with PR firm for inclusion in third-party publications. Manage Leo website messaging sustainability and philanthropy, its content, and interactive use. Create, maintain, and apply best practices and policies for online and print communications.
- Coordinate database and management for donor records and liaise with tax team. Update CRM and other systems as needed for client records.
- Keep master calendar for development work and communications/marketing and manage adherence to its tasks and timelines.
- Develop investment presentations for ESG/Sustainability space whether as part of clients’ portfolio or for a charitable portfolio. Work with the Portfolio Management team to share client ideas and interests.
- Assist clients in formulating family succession of charitable estate as a part of their overall estate planning.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in wealth management and client relationship management. Series 63/65/66 or 6/7.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field. Advanced degree or other professional credentials including CFP or TEP strongly preferred.
- Passionate for client service with strong client relationship management skills, with the ability to connect with, advise and build lasting relationships with a wide range of clients. Able to participate in winning and retaining client business.
- Technical competency in a wide variety of areas that are relevant in private client financial planning and philanthropy. Ability to explain complex matters as they relate to topics such as charitable trusts and charitable tax planning to clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create firm materials and engage with media sources around philanthropy and charitable giving. Able to communicate ideas and proposals to sophisticated clients.
- Team player able to work with other client advisers and senior management in supporting some of the firms largest and most complex clients. Also able to assist in training and developing junior advisers in areas of philanthropic client planning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Energy and enthusiasm in helping the Company to build a focused philanthropic function as part of its total client service offering. Capable of managing a diverse array of tasks, clients and projects while the philanthropy part of the role is growing.
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity
- Clean U4. Ability to provide references and submit to a background and credit check
Employees across the firm have access to competitive benefits, including insurance, retirement plans and personal leave. Our benefit programs are tailored to local markets and roles. Across all offices we actively encourage professional development and support team members at all levels to improve their skills and professional qualifications. We actively promote from within and pride ourselves on providing a great work environment where all employees are able to flourish.
All our offices have employee wellness programs to help employees deal with issues like stress, illness, bereavement, mental health, performance, and other challenges. We provide active support for employees who are working flexibly, ensuring connectivity to management and their teams as well as support for their own health and wellness while working remotely.
We actively support flexible working arrangements, including flexibility around parental leave and family care leave for employees to take care of their family members.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud to provide employees with diverse and inclusive workplaces, where all employees are respected and valued and have equal access to opportunities. As a boutique firm, catering to our clients’ unique personal circumstances, we know diverse teams better understand and relate to our diverse clients’ needs. As a growing entrepreneurial business, diversity of thought, opinion and experience help us make better decisions and be more innovative, while an inclusive work environment that grants all employees equal access to opportunity attracts high-quality people and makes the firm a better place to work for everyone.