U.S. Tax Planning & Preparation
Does your CPA understand U.S. expatriate tax issues? Our cross-border tax team is based on the ground in Asia to ensure U.S. taxes are done correctly and efficiently.Contact Us
With offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore, we welcome Americans and global citizens residing in Asia to reach out to us for a conversation and support for their U.S. and cross-border tax planning and tax compliance needs.
Our tax team has extensive experience in U.S. tax preparation, U.S. gifts, estate and tax planning, U.S. expatriation, delinquent tax returns, foreign financial account reporting, and other complex U.S. tax compliance matters.
Identifying Tax Planning Opportunities
We are proactive in identifying tax planning opportunities within a client’s current financial situation, as well as planning in advance of events that may impact a client’s financials.
- Implement charitable giving strategies that not only achieve a client’s philanthropic goals but also address cross-border tax planning.
- Develop family gifting strategies to manage both income and estate taxes.
- Coordinate tax planning in conjunction with investment portfolio management.
Tax Return Preparation & Compliance
We prepare individual U.S. income tax returns as well as private foundation, fiduciary, partnership, FLP, LLC, CRT and gift tax returns.
- File directly with tax authorities at the Federal, State and local levels.
- Deal directly with U.S. taxing authorities on behalf of clients.
Cross-Border Tax Planning
We provide tax planning & assistance to individuals who have tax filing responsibilities within and between countries. This requires a coordinated approach and opportunities are missed when multiple CPAs work independently. Our tax professionals prepare hundreds of U.S. tax returns each year and we work closely with partner firms to meet tax filing obligations outside the U.S. Our tax planning services include:
- Comprehensive tax planning between home & host countries.
- Foreign tax credit maximization strategies.
- Tax equalization & hypothetical tax review and guidance.
- Pre- and post-departure tax counseling.
Subscribe to Investment Insights
Join our email newsletter for monthly insights on global financial market trends.